Tracking My Progress by Inches, Not Miles

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week Two, Day One - and another 1.5# gone!

I changed my ticker to reflect my weight loss including the four pounds from loading. Technically I've lost 5.5 total, but it sure feels better to see 9.5 on the ticker, and those four pounds WERE in my body and are now GONE. :)

But yes - hooray - I'm finding my groove with this, and I'm NOT hungry. I read in Pounds and Inches that at times Dr. S had patients who had a hard time getting all 500 of the calories in that they were supposed to. I distinctly recall a smirk on my face and a "yeah right" in my mind. But it's TRUE. I skipped my 2nd fruit yesterday cause I wasn't hungry. While making a habit of that isn't a good idea, it feels sorta good!

I wasn't hungry for most of the day, but after eating my late lunch (lemon chicken, cucumbers w/blackberry vinegar, breadstick) I feel a bit more hollow now. It's odd though, not a ravenous sort of hunger but more the sensation that I'm not "full" and thinking I should be. Well that mindset has to change, and change right away! While I'm not particularly hungry, I would love to find a kitchen fairy lurking about that could prepare food for my family. Making my kids PB & J, quesadillas and such does trigger some familiar cravings for "comfort food". I've already worked it out with my DH (dear, darling, damn, dorky :insert appropriate adjective: husband) with cooking dinner. I'm not going to do that while I'm on the VLCD, and maybe not even in P3...we'll see.

At some point I'll branch away from my staples but for now I'm satisfied and I'm dropping pounds. It's a win win! :)

No comments: