Tracking My Progress by Inches, Not Miles

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

VLCD#1

So after three loading days, today is the FIRST 500 aka VLCD. I've been hungry since 3:30 am when I couldn't sleep. EEK! But I've stuck to protocol and still have a bit over half of my food to eat later.

I know sometimes the dose needs to be adjusted when one is super hungry, and I'm not *starving* but I definitely feel hollow. Hollow. Now THAT is an interesting concept. What does it really feel like? Rather than think of it as empty or without, I want to think of it as open. As in open to possibilities. :) I'm opening up fat reserves and burning them for fuel. I'm open to making serious changes in the relationship I've built with food over the years. I'm open to becoming a healthier person. And with that, I will make a concerted effort to remain open-hearted with myself for what I've been through, what brought me to today, and where I'm going with my current choices.

Hunger is another interesting word that evokes many different images. What am I hungry for? Well for starters - Health. Wellness. Energy. Vitality. Movement. Beyond that, I hunger for meaning, beauty, to matter, to be seen and heard, acceptance, love, companionship and friendship, fun and play, quiet and solitude, relaxation, excitement...the list goes on and on! Really what I hunger for is LIFE! The Good Life, defined as all of the above and more. Rather than hiding behind pain and fat and food, I hunger to embrace all that life has to offer and more.

Open to possibilities. Hungry for Life. Excellent themes to take me into Phase 2 and beyond. :)

3 comments:

slcherian said...

Were doing well here. Hope that you are doing well. My boys are having the hardest time with some hunger but I believe its more of just craving cause I get hungry before its time to eat but I am not starving. I am so excited at the possabilities at being in a healthy weight once again. With the hcg I feel its possible. My husband is down another 3 lbs today. I have not weighed yet.I already feel a difference so I dont need to see it on the scale although it will be nice. Have a good day.

Kimberly N said...

... hollow. It is the only word that describes how I felt around day 3 of VLCD. I never thought about the possibility that I could embrace that feeling and view it as a positive! So nice to have another perspective!
Thanks!

Kim N.

Healthy Weight Revolution said...

Exploration of new sensations is what we need to do in order to change the status quo (meaning our FAT and FOOD issues). I keep reminding myself that thin people get hungry too, and it's a NORMAL biological event. I'm just into week four and feeling great...a new post will follow soon!