Tracking My Progress by Inches, Not Miles

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Loading Days are a Mixed Bag!

I've done two "loading days" as per protocol and did really well the first day. The second was super busy and while I did eat lots of good fats and protein, the volume was not as high as I think it should have been. Today is supposed to be my first VLCD (very low calorie day), and I woke up hungry which is very rare for me. But now I'm wondering if I should do another loading day...I've put it to the superstars at the HCG Diet Info forums and will see what they say.

So - the loading free-for-all is sort of a mixed bag! Of course I had planned lots of "last chance" foods and really enjoyed them, but I also had to semi-force myself to eat. That seems a dubious task given my situation to begin with. ;) Stuffing oneself in preparation of "starving" oneself! Although I've got plenty of fat reserves to live on for awhile, which is the entire point of course.

Regardless, I ate more protein than carbs, and lots of good fats - coconut oil & butter, nuts, cheese, avocados, chicken and beef; along with some sweets (cheesecake and ice cream) but not TOO much. I've heard too many stories about folks loading on carbs and sugar, and having a harder time with releasing the weight or bad bouts of hunger. I seriously want to avoid that!

After loading I've dropped a few pounds of what I'm sure is water. I'd been swelling a bit so upped my diuretic to compensate. But it's funny to drop after eating like I did the first day. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Saw your post on the HCG Diet forums that you were from PDX also (I'm actually in Vancouver), so I thought I'd stop by your blog to read up on your journey/progress. The whole time I was reading, I was saying to myself, "Hey! That's exactly how I feel!" Anyway, good luck to you!

Healthy Weight Revolution said...

Hi Miss - where are you in the process? I know there are tons of people out there facing the same things we are, it's rather comforting...

There are several of us in this area, I'm hoping to have a buddy system for those of us in for the long haul, so send me a PM or email if you're interested. :)

slcherian said...

Hello, well I woke this morning and the scales were down. I dont think its water weight as I can feel a difference already. I was not to hard. I was not hungry and I am happy about that. I ate chicken and fried it in water but I cut off any fat. And I ate mixed lettuces with lemon juice. It was good. Looking forward to a good day. I like the pill form. I dont worry about running out and they seem to be working well. My husband lost 4 lbs and my son lost 4 their first day. I am down 2. Hope you have a good day.