Tracking My Progress by Inches, Not Miles

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week Three, Oh How I Love Thee

After the hellishness of week two, I'm sailing along pretty well this week! My hunger has been much better maintained with the increased dose and I've dropped six pounds since Tuesday, though today the scale was stationary. I'll take it though! Admittedly, I've been adding protein servings since late Sunday. It is the only thing that has kept me on "protocol" even though I'm above the 500 calorie limit by a bit. I'm blood type O, I need meat! :)

It is interesting to read the comments from "purists" that go Dr. Simeons the whole way from start to finish, compared with the "rogues" who adapt the diet for themselves or their doctors. I think that somewhere in the middle is what is true for most of us, and yet each individual will respond and drop pounds while others will gain based on our own unique metabolic issues. If extra protein keeps me on track and I continue to lose, am able to stabilize and maintain, then I'm going to eat it! I'm still eating the protocol foods Dr. S recommends though, I'm not THAT much of a rebel. ;)

Week Three also represents the end of Phase Two. I'm still toying with ending next week or going an additional week. I suppose it depends on what is happening on the scale and how I'm feeling. I've been craving fats so badly! I can't wait to get my hands on some cheese and nuts and coconut oil. We have an annual trip to the beach with my whole family at the end of the month, and I definitely want to be on P3 by then.

My carb cravings have been diminishing, though last night I was doing a bit of battle. Hot cinnamon tea helped tremendously. I've been saving my tablespoon of milk for tea as dessert because it enriches so much vs the pathetic muddy color it makes my coffee if I add it in the morning. I'm a half-and-half coffee kind of woman, and lots of it! But milk in tea with a bit of stevia and it's like dessert, very satisfying and curbs those cravings.

One thing I've noted that I need to watch this week is waiting too long to eat and then filling myself up to the "full" point. Binge and starve is not going to be a good way to stabilize at all! I had a killer week at my three jobs, literally with no time to eat until after my workday (6.5 hours was the longest) so I got in most of my calories in a short period of time. While I enjoy the fullness factor, I really would rather NOT perpetuate that moving forward. Part of my fear with saving my food til later is that if I eat more in the early part of the day the anxiety over "What if I get hungry and I've used up my calories?" is enough to make me wait. The funny thing is, I'm hungry anyway because I haven't eaten and I'm saving my food for later. Seems ridiculous, and definitely a "scarcity" mentality I want no part of. I want to live in abundance! Abundant energy, abundant health, abundant joy!

And with that, I have an abundantly busy day with four clients waiting for me. Have a GREAT weekend Losers, and have a glass of water for me...I'll tip my glass to your success too!

Expect your every need to be met.
Expect the answer to every problem.
Expect abundance on every level.
~Eileen Caddy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Losers"--hahahaha.

Well, I guess I didn't read the previous post very closely--too eager to get in there and leave a comment, I guess. ["I'm talking and I can't shutup" syndrome.]
I'm sorry you were having such a rough time with Week 2. You were really powerful to stick it out while you felt so hungry. That's another common misperception the "patronizing thin" have about fat people. We HAVE willpower! I defy any of them to have lived on the watery milkshakes, the tiny plastic containers of rehydrated goo, the endless bowls of watery cabbage I've steadfastly plowed through. [Uh oh, back to me!]
In Week 2, I'm having a problem opposite of yours. I skipped one of the meals two days ago and then yesterday, didn't eat at all. Okay, this is bad, I know. I got up this morning, still not hungry, but did the drops, drank a big bottle of water and ate an appropriate meal. No more screwing around!

I'm glad you pointed out the value of milk in tea. My coffee is usually more cream than coffee. And I mean CREAM. (You Half & Halfers are wussies.) The first day of VLCD, I didn't drink any coffee. Turns out nothing makes plain black coffee seem a little more palatable than no coffee at all.
Of the many, many benefits I'm hoping to reap from this protocol, drinking black coffee is somewhere up there fairly high on the list. "Just black, please. I'm an adult."
But some warm sweet milky tea at night--there's a plan I could get behind.

Okay, must go. The dog has something that looks like a pelt.

Best regards,
Candace

Healthy Weight Revolution said...

Wussie? HA! Hope the dog got away with the pelt. ;)