Tracking My Progress by Inches, Not Miles

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Phase Three and the Plague

Yes, it's true. I moved into P3 and became infected with The Plague. I have been down for the count for days and days...I have not been keeping track of my food intake, not drinking enough water, not weighing daily, but I'm still within the 2 pound LDW (last dose weight) from 2 weeks ago. But my appetite has been missing, with the exception of "comfort" foods that are most definitely NOT on protocol. When the going gets rough, or my immune system goes on an extended vacation I immediately want to reach for food to soothe the savage beast within. Well screw that! I'm taming that animal while I admire my new butt in the mirror. I haven't indulged...I've been quite pious in my refusals.

But seriously, I've been pushing the protein and fat, less on the veggies and fruit. My hubby made me a delicious chicken soup with onion, garlic and celery that was perfect. I've eaten a lot of eggs, cheese, nuts (almonds and pistachios), and some nut butter, coconut butter too.

I'm the mother of an 11 year old daughter now, and can barely believe it! We had our annual trip to the Oregon Coast in the same house with all of my family coming to stay (with the exception of one brother who was working a new job), and my in-laws coming for the day. This started out as a celebration of my daughter's birthday when she was two, so this is our 10th year! Unfortunately, I didn't actually make it down TO the beach - no energy, terrible cough and it was nasty weather. Raining, windy, snow at times...whew! I had berries with whipping cream and stevia while everyone else had cupcakes and ice cream. I actually preferred the berries! There are many cupcakes I would drool over, but not this time. It was quite empowering.

We did learn how to make traditional tamales from my aunt (aka surrogate sister) and the Fairy Godmother to my girls. She and her dh have been living on their sailboat in La Paz, Mexico - so she's been learning the ropes down there. Visit their publishing website at www.bennetthastings.com! It was a lot of fun making little packets with corn husks, and we made corn husk dolls too. Really, it's quite simple, and the filling is cornmeal, chicken, onion, peppers and spices. After wrapping several dozen, we steamed them for 90 minutes in the oven and then everyone ate! Admittedly, I took a very tiny one and tested the results - quite good. Then I ate the leftover chicken filling, entirely P3 friendly. :)

So I'm not 10 days into P3 and stabilizing just fine, even though I haven't been paying much attention to anything other than breathing and not having an "accident" every time I cough. The Plague has been an unforeseen speed bump, but that's how life rolls...at least MY life. I'll finish out P3 with more care to what I'm eating, but it seems as though I'm on the right track regardless. It is definitely easier than the VLCD days...though I've often found that I'm still "bored" with food and eating the same old standy-bys. I have enjoyed eating salad greens more, with the addition of extra veggies and P3 friendly dressing.

Oh - the reshaping that supposedly happens in P3, it's working. Quite literally, my pants are falling off. I have a very new and exciting relationship with belts, and I'm rocking those belts like a woman with a shrinking muffin top! :)

My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero? ~~~Mitch Hedberg

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you're alive! And you're just as funny and interesting as ever.

Congratulations on the stellar stabilization!

Best,
Candace

nicolesspirit878 said...

Love the blog and looking forward to reading more post. Stop by when you get a chance I am just starting my journey I'd appreciate your wisdom.
http://hcgjourneyetc.blogspot.com/

Healthy Weight Revolution said...

Thanks Candace and Nicole! I've had a "catch-up" week that has sort of kicked my butt with work and still trying to recover fully from the Plague...but I'm here to stay! Another post is coming soon, P4 looms and I need to get ready! :)
~Amy

Mama Tawn said...

Great spirit and work my friend :) I hope you are on the mend and back on track. Sending you strength and love xoxo Mama Tawn

Sofie said...

love your blogs. You are an inspiration. I have a lot of weight to lose, about 70lbs, have lost 31.5, 17 of them with hcg. looking forward to your next blog.